Hunter Mill Country Day School
Vienna Virginia – 2007
masterplan renovation proposal
The academic and administrative goals of the Hunter Mill Country Day School Masterplan Study project were to provide an immediate welcoming atmosphere with direct access to the school director, to improve the accessibility into the facility and to increase and improve the usable program space in order to meet the code requirements.
BluPath surveyed, researched, evaluated the existing facilities and proposed work, in order to
- Maximize the use of building facilities and improve circulation, accessibility and emergency egress.
- Examine zoning, building code and accessibility requirements for this proposal.
- Promote building performance and the health, safety and security of the occupants.
- Determine sustainable goals to maximize energy efficiency and minimize the environmental impact of the building renovations and additions.
- Work within the budget parameters developed by the Director and the Board.